I use matcha green tea powder to add color and taste on this macarons and filled with store-bought Dickinsons creme coconut curd it turn out taste really well together.
Compare to the first green tea macarons I made last year, This time is definitely looks better and smoother, I still learn how to make it looks perfect, So never give up to try again and again!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon matcha ( green tea ) powder
- 2 egg white room temperature
- 5 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Creme coconut curd
- Line two cookies sheet with parchment paper
combine powdered sugar,almond flour and matcha powder in a food processor,pulse into fine powder
sift mixture into medium bowl,discard large pieces
- beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until foamy,beat with vanilla add granulated sugar,beating at high speed 2-3 minutes until mixture foam stiff,shiny peaks
- add half of flour mixture to egg whites stir with spatula to combine ( about 12 strokes) repeat with remaining flour mixture make about 15 strokes or until smooth ( do not over mix or under mix )
- attach 1/2 inch plain tip to piping bag,scoop batter into bag pipe 1-inch circles about 2-inch apart onto prepare cookie sheets,rap cookies sheet on flat surface to remove air bubbles and set aside,let macarons rest uncovered,until tops harden slightly,this takes from 15 minutes to an hour in more humid condition,when the batter does not stick,macarons are ready to bake
- preheat oven to 350 f,place rack in center of oven,bake 13 minutes to 15 minutes,rotating cookies sheet halfway trough baking time. cool completely on cookies sheets
- Fill macarons with a teaspoon of creme coconut curd