This is a baked version of fried potato beef patties that I made couple weeks ago, I use the same ingredients except for this baked version I use rice crispy cereal for coating, After we try, both version are equally good.
- 3 cup cold mashed potato/leftover
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt or taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom seed
- 1/2 teaspoon peri peri pepper rub or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for fry
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup rice crispy cereal
In medium heat cook ground beef and season with spices ingredients.salt,pepper,garlic,nutmeg,
cardamom and peri-peri or red pepper flakes, cook until brown / well done
add cold mashed potato,stir and mix until combine, set aside
make egg wash,whisk 2 eggs with little bit cold water and set rice krispy cereal on the large plate/ container.
preheat oven on 350 F
make a patties from seasoned potato beef mixture/ ball shape
dip into egg wash and coating with rice crispy cereal
bake into the oven about 40 minutes or until cook and rise crispy looks golden brown.