Peanut butter and jam macarons
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanut
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 egg whites,at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3 Tablespoon nutella
( mix well together )
- Line two cookies sheet with parchment paper, place peanut into food processor,process until finely ground.
add powdered sugar,almond flour,pulse into fine powder, Sift mixture into medium bowl,discard large pieces
- beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until foamy,beat in vanilla,Gradually add granulated sugar,beating at high speed 2-3 minutes until mixture foam stiff,shiny peaks, scrapping bowl occasionally
- add half of flour mixture to egg whites stir with spatula to combine ( about 12 strokes) repeat with remaining flour mixture make about 15 strokes ( do not over mix or under mix )
- attach 1/2 inch plain tip to piping bag,scoop batter into bag pipe 1-inch circles about 2-inch apart onto prepare cookie sheets,rap cookies sheet on flat surface to remove air bubbles and set aside,let macarons rest uncovered,until tops harden slightly,this takes from 15 minutes to an hour in more humid condition,when the batter does not stick,macarons are ready to bake.
- preheat oven to 350 F,place rack in center of oven,bake 13 minutes to 15 minutes,rotating cookies sheets halfway trough baking time. cool completely on cookies sheets.
When cooling if cookies appear to be sticking to parchment,lift parchment edges and spray pan underneat lightli with water,steam will help release cookies.
- mix raspberry jam with nutella, whisk until combine, put in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes or until the jam nutella mixture are firmed.
- match same size cookies,pipe or spread filling on flat side of one cookie and top with another.