Ingredients : for 8-10 square waffles
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups silk coconut milk
- 2 large eggs,room temperature/separated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter/melted plus more for brushing the iron
- 1/4 cup sugar
* Preheat waffle iron to desired setting
* Whisk together flour,baking powder,salt and nutmeg in large bowl, In another bowl whisk together silk coconut milk,egg yolk and butter stir coconut milk mixture into flour mixture,add slice over ripe banana and stir until combine.
* In medium bowl whip the 2 eggs white with electric mixer until they just began to hold a loose peak,scatter sugar over whites and continue beating until they hold soft peak, Using rubber spatula,fold the egg whites into batter
* Brush surface of waffle maker with butter,Pour in enough batter to lightly cover surface of the iron (about 1 cup) cover and cook until waffles are golden brown and slightly crisp about 5minutes or so ,repeat with remaining batter
*Serve waffle immediately with maple syrup,ginger syrup or fresh fruits.