This is the first time I use the silicon baking mat to bake French macarons, I'm glad I bought it, It's worthed.
I'm obsessed with the French macarons at first bite, Since then I keep try and trying to make it, even though sometimes it's not work out the way I wanted.
I try to make it looks better each time, as far on round shape my new purchased silicon baking mat help me a lot to keep round shape, to stay round on the mat until ready to put in the oven and I'm happy with it.
This time I made dulce de leche macarons filing with two combination ingredients cream cheese and dulche de leche, it taste like caramel cheesecake on macarons, Now that's a winer ;)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 eggs white
- 3 Tbsp granulate sugar
- 8 oz philadelpia cream cheese /room temperature
- 6 Tablespoon dulche de leche
- Line two cookies sheet with silicon baking mate
combine powdered sugar,almond flour in a food processor,pulse into fine powder
sift mixture into medium bowl,discard large pieces
- beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until foamy add 3-4 drop purple food coloring,gradually add 3 Tbsp granulated sugar,beating at high speed about 2 minutes or until mixture foam stiff,shiny peaks.
- mix well to incorporate powder sugar and almond, Incorporate the beaten egg whites into the dry ingredients using large spatula,mix well ( not there is no need to fold the mixture )
Then work in the mixture (macaronage ) using plastic scraper, press down well with the scraper,going back and forward,to press out the oxygen from the white,Do this for 2-3 minutes until you have smooth mixture.
- attach 1/2 inch plain tip to piping bag,scoop batter into bag pipe 1-inch circles about 2-inch apart onto prepare cookie sheets,tap cookies sheet on flat surface to remove air bubbles and set aside,let macarons rest uncovered,until tops harden slightly,this takes from 15 minutes to an hour in more humid condition,when the batter does not stick,macarons are ready to bake.
- preheat oven to 350 F, Place rack in center of oven,bake 14 minutes,rotating cookies sheets halfway trough baking time. cool completely on cookies sheets
- For macarons filling, in a mixer mix room tempearute cream cheese and dulce de leche until smooth transfer into piping bag with match same size cookies,pipe or spread filling on flat side of one cookie and top with another.