white chocolate raspberry macarons
The filling for these macarons is ready in five minutes, I even use microwave to melt the white chocolate and mix with store-bought raspberry curd and confectioner's sugar, Put in the freezer for 3-5 minutes until firm and ready to fill these delicious french macarons.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 egg white
- 3 Tbsp granulate sugar
- 4 Tbsp raspberry curd
- 2 oz white chocolate
- 2 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
- Line two cookies sheet with parchment paper
combine powdered sugar,almond flour in a food processor,pulse into fine powder
sift mixture into medium bowl,discard large pieces
- beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until foamy add 3-4 drop pink food coloring,gradually add 3 Tbsp granulated sugar,beating at high speed 2-3 minutes or until mixture foam stiff,shiny peaks.
- mix well to incorporate powder sugar and almond, Incorporate the beaten egg whites into the dry ingredients using large spatula,mix well ( not there is no need to fold the mixture )
Then work in the mixture (macaronage ) using plastic scraper, press down well with the scraper,going back and forward,to press out the oxygen from the white,Do this for 2-3 minutes until you have smooth mixture.
- attach 1/2 inch plain tip to piping bag,scoop batter into bag pipe 1-inch circles about 2-inch apart onto prepare cookie sheets,tap cookies sheet on flat surface to remove air bubbles and set aside,let macarons rest uncovered,until tops harden slightly,this takes from 15 minutes to an hour in more humid condition,when the batter does not stick,macarons are ready to bake.
- preheat oven to 350 F, Place rack in center of oven,bake 15 minutes,rotating cookies sheets halfway trough baking time. cool completely on cookies sheets
- For macarons filling, in a small bowl cook white chocolate in microwave for about 45 second or until melted,add raspberry curd and confectioner's sugar stir until combine, transfer into piping bag,put in the freezer for about 3-5 minutes or until firmed.
- match same size cookies,pipe or spread filling on flat side of one cookie and top with another.