I like to use kafir lime leaf in savory dishes but this time I use it in dessert, adding grated lemon zest to the butter mixture to add citrus flavored to the cake, The cake can be baked on ovenproof tea cup or remekins baked in roasting in hot water.
- 8 Tbsp softened butter,plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tsp kafir lime leaf powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 3/4 cup self-raising white flour
- confectioner's for dusting
* preheat the oven to 350 degree F,grease four ramekins, with butter,
* Put the butter and sugar in the bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, and lemon zest gradually add the eggs,beating well after each addition,sift in the flour,matcha and kafir lime leaf powder
Add into butter mixture,mixing until combine
* Stand the remekins or tea cup in a roasting pan,then pour in enough hot water to come on third up the side of the cups,bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until well risen and golden brown and toothpick insert comes out clean.
* leave the cake cool then carefully lift the cups from the pan, and dust with confectioner's sugar
I am fascinated with the combo matcha and kafir lime leaf. The cake looks very beautiful.ReplyDelete