Warm strawberry-chocolate teacup cakes
I use les chocolats yves thuries but you can use any chocolate truffles or any sweet chocolate.
A spoonful of delicious warm moist cake,strawberry jam and melted chocolate in one bite.
- 8 Tbsp unslated butter softened,plus extra for greasing
- 4 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self-raising white flour
- fresh strawberry for topping ( optional )
- confectioner's for dusting
* preheat the oven to 350 degree F,grease four heavy ,round teacup with butter,spoon 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam in the bottom of each teacup.
* put the butter and sugar in the bowl and beat together until light and fluffy,gradually add the eggs,beating well after each addition,then add the vanilla extract,sift in the flour and using large metal spoon,fold it into the mixture,spoon the butter into the tea cup and top with a piece of chocolate/chocolate truffles.
* stand the cups in a roasting pan,then pour in enough hot water to come on third up the side of the cups,bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until well risen and golden brown and toothpick insert comes out clean.
* leave the cupcakes to cool then carefully lift the cups from the pan
* place a few strawberry on each cake, and dust with confectioner's sugar